Re: KDE transition

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 04:07:00PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> The big elephant being swallowed by the snake of the gcc-4 transition
> is currently the KDE libraries, right?  This impacts me because
> gnucash/libofx/opensp can't move into testing until kmymoney2 is
> ready, which ties it in with all of the KDE transition.

> Is there a web page that tracks the current progress?  Is there
> anything I can do to help it along?

There are no webpages tracking this today, but
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2005/10/msg00107.html> is a pretty
good summary of what's involved.  (He missed net-snmp, which is another lib
depended on by php4 going through a simultaneous soname transition, but
anywho...)

The best thing now for helping the transition along is to identify packages
related to this transition which aren't ready, and help their maintainers
get them ready.