Re: [Proposal] PowerDNS upload to Sarge

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 08:15:47PM +0200, Matthijs Mohlmann wrote:
> PowerDNS has 3 serious issues (#321974, #326260 and #322352) which can
> be updated in the next point release of Sarge. We fixed the issues that
> still exists in Sarge and wanted to upload it to stable-proposed-updates.

> We tried already to update it but we got rejects from katie, so it is
> not possible to upload a package to stable-proposed-updates.

> We have communicated with Martin Schulze about the issues and he has it
> also on the list of packages for the next point release.

> Then my question: Can we upload pdns with only these fixes somewhere ?

The only way to get a non-security upload into proposed-updates is by first
getting a newer version into testing.  This is a constraint imposed by the
ftpmaster software, not something that the release team can override.

And currently, the updated version of pdns is held out of testing by bug
#326260.