Getting GNOME 2.10 in: roundup of remaining issues
>Trying hint from vorlon: libxklavier/2.0-0.2 gnome-vfs2/2.10.1-5
>libwnck/2.10.3-1 libgnomeui/2.10.1-1 libgtop2/2.10.2-1 libgsf/1.12.2-1
>librsvg2/2.9.5-4 eel2/2.10.1-2 libexif/0.6.12-2 exif/0.6.9-5
>evolution-data-server/1.2.3-2 gphoto2/2.1.6-2 gthumb/3:2.6.6-1
>libexif-ruby/0.1.2-7 libgphoto2/2.1.6-3 openh323/1.15.3-4 pwlib/1.8.4-2
>libdc1394/1.1.0-2 gnome-python/2.10.0-2 coriander/1.0.1-2
>asterisk-oh323/0.6.6pre3-4 gnomemeeting/1.2.1-2 gnugk/2:2.2.2-3
>aalib/1.4p5-28 gimp/2.2.8-9 gal2.4/2.4.3-1.1 nautilus/2.10.1-4
I notice you've already added:
-evolution-data-server1.2/1.2.2-5.1 gstreamer0.8/0.8.11-1 evolution/2.2.3-4 nautilus-cd-burner/2.10.2-1.1
(Does that '-' thing actually work in a hint?)
You've also marked fbi and ida for removal; good.
Looking at update_output.txt, the following problems remain.
-- perlpanel depends on libgnome2-wnck-perl
libimage-exif-perl/1.00.3-2 needs to be built everywhere
ohphone needs to be built on m68k.
openam/1.1.18+20050304-2 needs to be built on m68k.
openmcu/2.1.0-2 needs to be built on m68k.
pstngw/1.3.1-4 needs to be built on m68k.
gcalctool has been built on arm and needs to be uploaded.
poppler/0.4.2.1 needs to be built on arm.
evince needs to be built on arm (after poppler), hppa, ia64, m68k, s390, sparc.
Still waiting for timeouts:
Bug which needs to be closed:
poppler bug #326597 appears not to apply to the new version (and the old
version is not in testing, so there's just the new version).
Packages waiting in the NEW queue:
New binaries from poppler
* gnome-system-tools has grave bug #309932.
I agree that this is a grave bug and gnome-system-tools clearly should not
ship with such a dangerous program, especially as it gives no warning of how
dangerous it is.
Needs a new urgent upload, either removing boot-admin or flagging it
with enough warnings that people won't screw themselves with it.
* And then there's the real problem package: kamera.
The version in testing depends directly on libexif10, which is of course not
present in unstable.
We don't want GNOME and KDE to have to go in at the same time. So there's
only one thing to do, which is to deliberately break kamera in testing.
(Removing kdegraphics from testing is clearly a less desirable option, and
I don't think we can remove kamera without removing all of kdegraphics.)
I don't see a simple way to do this except changing the 'hint' to a
'force-hint', which should obviously only be done after everything else
-- Nathanael Nerode <email@example.com>
Make sure your vote will count.