Re: Bug#319833: gnome-vfs2 not entering testing (#319833, #318429)
Steve Langasek <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 03:13:01PM +0200, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> > Is it still usefull to ignore this bug? gnome-vfs2 needs to wait
> > for gnome-panel (as it conflicts with the current gnome-panel in
> > testing), which is waiting for evolution-data-server, which is
> > stuck behind libc..
> Yes, because rebuilding against fam right now would mean that GNOME
> 2.10 would have to go into testing together with KDE, which also has
> packages that depend on libfam0. It will be far easier to coordinate
> getting all of these updates into testing if we don't have to have all
> of GNOME and KDE both ready to go in at once.
People have pointed out to me that libfam does not actually export C++
symbols. I can upload a new version of fam that Provides instead of
Conflicts libfam0c102, which should save a lot of rebuilding for both
KDE and GNOME. Is this still a useful thing to do? Or maybe the
release team wants to use fam to hold GNOME back in unstable?
I can make the upload this weekend if people think it is a good idea.