Re: wanna-build only knows about older versions?

Ok, let's say wanna-build is ok. Let's say everything is ok (I don't
know enough about the buildd structure to claim otherwise). WTF is up
then?[1] I've already released two DSA's without arm, and have 3 more
pending. (I won't get into the missing oldstable ia64 sudo or the
missing hppa stable spamassassin, let's call those flukes.) IIRC, there
were release criteria for various archs; one release criterion was n+1
buildd's, and the other was "security updates". What's the proper course
here? Should we expect that someone's working on fixing arm (and the
other things I didn't get into) even in the absence of any feedback from
debian-admin[3] or should we start "unreleasing" architectures?[4]

Mike Stone

[1] For reference, I've tried soliciting feedback on arm from a number
of sources. I don't have any indication that an arm buildd has built
anything since 25 Jun[2] I've also sent messages about flakey builds on
other archs. The only one that's gotten a response (and fix) was sent to
Gerhard Tonn because I thought it might be a packaging issue rather than
a buildd issue.

[2] Newsflash: sudo and spamassassin stable arm packages have appeared!
I missed them because they had the wrong date--apparantly the arm buildd
completed them on 25 Jun, several days before I uploaded anything to
klecker. I wait with baited breath to see if other arm packages are in a
similar state. Perhaps stable is sorta fixed and only oldstable is
terminal?

[3] What is the proper contact procedure? debian-admin seems to be a
black hole at the moment--who should team@security.debian.org contact
about buildd problems if not d-a?

[4] I'm sure the amd64 guys would love it if we start swinging the ax,
because that would alleviate any concerns about archive space...

[5] (mandatory dangling footnote) Sorry if I seem a bit short, I'm just
not sure how to proceed, and based on Joey's blog I'm not alone... On
the upside, I didn't post a rant to slashdot, so I should get some
credit for restraint. :)