Re: postgreSQL and sarge

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 08:45 -0300, Daniel Cristian Cruz wrote:
> I develop proprietary aplications (sick, I would like to develop free
> software...) with postgreSQL, and it's hard to use a Debian stable
> server with the version of postgreSQL... Now that there is 8.0 with
> tablespaces, it would be sad to see it out from the next stable.

PostgreSQL 8 will definitely not be in sarge.  There are packages for it
in experimental and they work well, but they introduce a new capability
of parallel running different PostgreSQL versions and they would also
require rebuilding of all packages that use the PostgreSQL libraries,
which is a lot.  We decided not even to try to get them into sarge.

--
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>