Re: please make libkrb53 priority 'standard', since nfs-utils depends on it

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 01:12:56AM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 12:50:35PM -0500, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > Package: ftp.debian.org
> > Severity: normal

> > The current unstable nfs-utils (1.0.7-1) builds nfs-common to depend
> > on libkrb53 for NFSv4 support.  Since nfs-common is priority
> > 'standard', libkrb53 should also be at least priority 'standard'.

> I just changed libevent1 and libkrb53 to standard on request of Steve
> Langasek.

> Package maintainers, you should change the priority in your packages,
> but since this change means your package actually as a consequence is
> frozen now, you should not upload for just this change, only if you're
> forced to do an upload anyway for fixing an RC bug.

Confirming what Jeroen said, yes, krb5 and libevent are now frozen for
sarge; if further updates are needed to these packages, please contact
debian-release.

Chip, how are things looking now for nfs-utils?  I remember seeing a new RC
bug on it after you sent in your original request.  Has that been taken care
of?  It looks like we are also still missing a mips build of the package,
correct?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer