Re: geda* to testing without arm?

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 08:10:25PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 01:31:40PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > When the final freeze for sarge occurs, will time will be allowed for
> > the buildd queues to empty?
>
> I think the standard is likely to be "reasonably under control" rather
> than "empty".  Given that people have had plenty of time prior to this
> point to get releasable packages into testing without arm buildd
> problems, there are limits to the latitude I'm willing to grant to "but
> this version's *better*" requests once everything's in place for a
> freeze.

What do you suggest for packages that currently are not part of sarge?
Two of mine (gramofile and kino) have been removed due to RC bugs that
have been fixed in unstable in the meantime. Outdated arm binaries in
unstable keep them from migrating back, though. Do you suggest I ask
ftpmasters to remove the arm version from unstable, do you want to force
the new version into testing on !arm, or should I just wait for the arm
buildds to catch up? (The latter will take a while as both packages have
extra priority.)

Regards,

Daniel.