Re: geda* to testing without arm?

Hamish,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 11:51:42AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I think I read that you had pushed some packages into testing without
> waiting for arm binaries to build.

> gEDA hasn't been up to date in testing for a while now as the previous
> upstream version never made it, due to missing arm binaries.

> libgeda and geda-* (excluding geda-gattrib) are candidates for 5 days
> now (15 days total) apart from missing arm binaries (version 20050313-1
> of all).

> geda-gattrib can wait as it's newer and currently has an RC bug.
> The others don't depend on it.

> If you are indeed relaxing the arm requirement temporarily, could you
> push the current geda packages into testing?

As these are new upstream versions that may or may not successfully
build on arm once they've been tried there, we would only push these
into testing if they were needed to fix RC bugs.  Trading a known RC bug
in testing for a possible RC build failure is a fair trade that advances
the release; trading no RC bugs for the possibility of one is not.  As
long as arm is a release candidate, other package updates will have to
wait for the arm buildds to catch up.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer