On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 05:36:33AM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:

> > All the stuff is on scc; how do we transfer it back?  Will it be easy,
> > or a major obstacle?

>   There is no transfer needed at all, IOW the capability to do releases
>   from ports.debian.org exists (and is a very good thing, as Colin
>   Watson points out in <20050314135127.GD30099@riva.ucam.org>).

>   Still, the Release Managers should comment on their willingness to
>   make a certain scc arch a release architecture at an advanced stage in
>   the preparation of a release. In my view, this is one of the few
>   scenarios that I can think of them exercising their veto power: "Yes,
>   you meet all the requirements, but as we're 2 months away from
>   releasing we veto its inclusion _right now_.  We put it first on our
>   list of goals for the next release."

If a port meets all of the requirements for being a release candidate
architecture, and promoting it to release candidate status doesn't introduce
too many arch-specific RC bugs that were previously being ignored, then I
have no problem with promoting such an architecture to release-candidate
status late in the cycle.  It would almost certainly have to be done
pre-freeze, for sanity's sake, but that's about it, AFAICT.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer