Re: Re: arm buildd holdup?

Op zo, 06-03-2005 te 22:52 +1100, schreef Hamish Moffatt:
> Goswin wrote:
>  > Need-build is a good sign. http://buildd.net/ shows you are on place
>  > 37 out of 120. I suggest just waiting unless the buildd has stoped
>  > altogether.
>
> What is the ordering criteria on the buildds?

See <http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/wanna-build-states>, under the
"needs-build" header.

> I notice that speex (for example) was uploaded on Feb 26 with priority
> low and it's 7th on the arm list, but geda-gschem was uploaded on Feb 23
> with priority low and it's 35th. quodlibet was uploaded on March 4 (also
> priority low) and it's 6th.
>
> Is it FIFO within the priority levels? I would've expected so.

No. Instead, it is assumed that the buildd queue length regularly
reaches 0; when this assumption breaks, we conclude that the buildd pool
is unable to keep up, and that more machines need to be added.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks