buildd build order [Was: arm buildd holdup?]

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 10:52:41PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Goswin wrote:
> > Need-build is a good sign. http://buildd.net/ shows you are on place
> > 37 out of 120. I suggest just waiting unless the buildd has stoped
> > altogether.
>
> What is the ordering criteria on the buildds?

According to the documentation:

The packages are ordered by the following criteria (in
this order):

 - out-of-date/uncompiled (the former come first)
 - priority (e.g. "required" before "optional")
 - section (alphabetically)
 - package name (alphabetically)

Note the the priority has nothing do with with the urgency of the
upload, it has no effect on it.

The documentation seems to be a litte out of date, and before
those 4, there is also a rule that lists all packages of higher
priority than standard before the rest.

Basicly, when there are no new/uncompiled packages involved, the
order is by priority, then section, then alphabetically.

Kurt