Please allow console-data in sarge
Console-data had recently a few changes in unstable, made through
NMU's with the agreement of the maintainer, Alastair McKinstry.
This mail is a request for hinting it to enter testing. Below, I will make my
best for giving the details about the changes. Please ask for more
explanations if something is unclear, of course (no need for CC'ing
me, I'm subscribed to -release).
The relevant changelog entries are at the end of this mail.
The change are quite numerous but all targeted at Debian Installer
enhancements. They only affect udeb packages, except one change which
adds two new keymaps (ar,fa) to the regular deb package.
-one broken keymap fixed (did not work earlier)
-keymap names sorted in debconf (important usability enhancement only
relevant for d-i)
-safer defaults for several languages (helps automated installs in
these languages....no effect outside d-i)
-better translations of keymap names in English and Dutch
Three keymaps have been added which are not used in d-i. This is
mostly working for the future, here, as both of them are for languages
which are currently not well supported in the Linux console (Arabic
and Persian). The latter is the Greek UTF-8 keymap which is requested
by Greek users for being in sarge even if it is not the default on
All these changes have been very thoroughly tested by Frans Pop and
myself, included by myself on automated installs in all d-i supported
languages. The Greek keymap was deeply tested by Koinstantions
Margaritis at D-I Oldenburg meeting.
console-data -46.3 udebs are included in daily sid_d-i builds of
Debian Installer and no bug has been reported yet.
console-data (2002.12.04dbs-46.3) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload targeted at Debian Installer
* Christian Perrier
- Correct Portuguese USB keymap file so that it does not hang
- Hack sort-keymaps for properly handling escaped commas
- Give safe defaults to all d-i supported languages in an attempt
to avoid breaking fully automated installs
- Remove duplicate "croat" entries
- Correct English "translation" of some keyboard names for avoiding
duplicate entries in some lists
- Correct Dutch translation from comments sent by Frans Pop
and the Dutch team
-- Christian Perrier <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:04:18 +0100
console-data (2002.12.04dbs-46.2) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload for cleaning out the ugly mess
in the previous NMU source package (failed SVN commits,
unpacked trees, useless tar.gz file)
Apologies for this giant package
-- Christian Perrier <email@example.com> Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:44:25 +0100
console-data (2002.12.04dbs-46.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Nom-maintainer upload. Fix several bugs which affect d-i usability
- Added Macedonian (mk) by Georgi Stanojevski
- Corrected encoding error in French. Closes: #277569
* Select br-abnt2 as the default Brazilian keymap. Closes: #275273.
* Added Lithuanian keymap to console-keymaps-at, console-keymaps-acorn
for debian-installer. Closes: #275087.
* Fixed dangling symlink in console-keymaps-at; thanks to Recai Oktas.
* Add Anton Zinoviev as co-maintainer.
* Christian Perrier
- Add Greek UTF-8 keyboard map. Closes: #273461
- Add Persian keyboard map. Closes: #267360
- Add Arabic keyboard map. Closes: #267451
- Remove fr-latin1 choice in console-keymaps-at.templates
The keyboard map is still kept for backwards compatibility
- Sync changelog for sarge and sid
- Remove mac-usb-euro choice in console-keymaps-usb.templates
as well as the console-keymaps-usb udeb
This will remove the suspicious "European" choice in d-i
- sort keymaps in udeb templates. Closes: #259867
- default to US keymap for USB keyboard and nl_NL installs
* Martin Pitt (commited by C. Perrier)
- fixed debian/patches/00_added_keymaps.patch: mac-linux-keys-bare.inc
previously assigned AltGr to 56 and Alt to 125, which is wrong; fixed by
swapping the assignments. (Ubuntu bug #958)
-- Christian Perrier <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:08:47 +0100