Re: wmaker, wsound* and libdockapp.
On 2004-12-04 Jeff Teunissen <email@example.com> wrote:
> Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > I do not know what the best course of action is, there are 3
> > alternatives afaict:
> > 1) tempoarily remove wsoundserver and wsoundprefs from sarge to let
> > wmaker in.
> > 2) Quickly upload a new version of wsoundserver linking against
> > libdockapp1.
> > 3) Wait until libdockapp2 is accepted, convert the two other packages
> > depending on it (wmusic and wmacpi) and when all nine packages together
> > are ready they can go into sarge.
> > Steve Langasek has stated that 1) will not be implemented without the
> > maintainers' consent, and 2) can easily fail, if a libdockapp2 is
> > accepted before all buildds have built the reveted version of
> > wsoundserver. 3 has the unknown quantities of waiting-time and possible
> > new bugs in libdockapp2.
> My preference is, in order, 3 and 1, depending on how long it will
> take for libdockapp2 to both hit the archive and hit sarge, assuming
> there's enough time for that after the former. If it looks like
> there won't be time, temporarily pulling wsound* is acceptable.
Thank you for the information update.
We have had regular queue/NEW processing at least for the last two
months - about every other 10 days (thanks, ftpmasters) and if this
was two short it was not possible to pull wsound* /temporarily/, so
I guess it will just go in the normal way.
thanks, cu andreas
"See, I told you they'd listen to Reason," [SPOILER] Svfurlr fnlf,
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"