Re: Upload of GNOME 2.8 to unstable

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Colin Watson wrote:

>   * Please make sure to get all the libraries through as quickly as
>     possible to reduce the impact on the rest of the distribution.
>     Upload with urgency=low to start with, but we may be willing to
>     speed things up once we see that things are going well. Coordinate
>     any necessary hints on #debian-release for speed.

This point is self-contradictory and spells disaster:

1) You cannot have a rapid deployment with urgency=low as a priority.

2) Asking people to use urgency=low can only result in Sarge freezing exactly
when this 2.6 to 2.8 transition is incomplete, which could be seriously messy.

I therefore recommend using urgency=medium instead.

Other than that, the rest of your release conditions make perfect sense.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.iki.fi/q-funk/