Re: DELO and sarge

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 01:21:09AM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > I just did another test installation on mips and noticed that DELO (a
> > boot loader for some mipsel machines) got installed.
>
> That's strange, as it should be optional, and nothing depends on it.

When setting the priority, I looked at other bootloaders and the priority
varied from package to package. Lilo is set to optional for example, while
silo is set to important. At that time, I considered "important" to be
correct and as delo was only build for mipsel, that was no problem.

I can change the priority to optional and re-upload the package, if that
is the general consent.

> > I think that the mips binary should be removed from testing:
>
> Quite the contrary. delo is intentionally Architecture: any, because
> it can be used to make CD images bootable for DECstations. In fact,
> a delo backport is used to create the sarge mipsel CD images.

Having it build on other architectures has been an explicit request,
see bug #252143.

Regards,
Karsten
--