Re: status of non-US

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 03:07:24PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> I can imagine that there are more candidates than the ones in
> non-US/non-free now.

Indeed. I maintain ckermit, and would like to enable the crypto
options, which would mean a move to non-US/non-free.

> A while ago, I offered to sponser a package which was in woody, but
> which has since been pulled from the archive. It sat in non-US/non-free.
> This is the only reason why it didn't happen; I can obviously not upload
> a package to a non-working archive.

Ah, that would explain why nothing happened with the pgp5i upload I
got my sponsor to make. I mailed ftpmaster at the time with no
response, I'll get my sponsor to try again and then I'll file a bug.

As nothing has been uploaded to non-US/non-free since before the
compromise, I suspect it hasn't been reenabled yet.

I suspect, since the crypto-in-main move, that crypto no longer needs
to live in non-US/non-free, and could move to non-free. I asked on
debian-legal with no firm consensus. see
I also filed a bug (#258278) against nonus.debian.org, with no
response yet.

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA