Re: Status of H323 packages in Sarge/Sid

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 00:12:59 +0200, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
> > we did some investigations on that bug at the BSP weekend in
> > Darmstadt. what i found in my buildlog, is that it is using pwlib
> > 1.6.6 but expecting 1.6.5
> >
> > | checking for PWLib version... 1.6.6
> > | Sorry but the recommended PWLib version is 1.6.5
> >
> > perhaps one should investigate on that. as i am not very firm in
> > that, i might be wrong.
>
>  Mmmm... are you sure you were using gnomemeeting 1.0.2-5? This should
>  require version 1.6.6 (as it's the one used by buildds)
>
>  So I think that's not the problem. But who knows...

gnomemeeting 1.0.2-5 does require PWLib 1.6.6.

> > if you want me to compile a new version of GM on hppa without
> > uploading a new one to debian, just drop me a mail containing a link
> > where to fetch the new source.
>
>   The problem is that we don't know where the failure can be, as it's
>   quite strange and GM shouldn't be using any different code in hppa
>   than other arches.
>
>   If you have time to spend, you can help us by making two tests:
>
>    - Get binutils_2.14.90.0.7-5 from snapshot.d.o

I did that.  There's no binary package there, so I compiled my own and
compared the build-output with the buildd-log.

>    - Get sid pwlib/openh323 libs

Done.

>    - Compile current GM (1.0.2-5)

I tried that.  It fails with the exact same linking error.

As you suggested, I'll try to recompile both PWLib and openh323 with
binutils_2.14.90.0.7-5 and then gnomemeeting again.

Regards,

uLI