Re: okay to close jadetex-related tetex RC bug 264043?

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 05:53:50PM -0400, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

> I think this is a question suitable for debian-release this time. ;-)
>
> Now that the jadetex NMU has been done, I'd like to close tetex bug
> 264043.  Someone cloned 253098 (the jadetex bug) and assigned it to
> tetex, probably because jadetex's installation script failure message
> indicated that it was probably a tetex bug.  I don't think it was a
> tetex bug, so I'd like to close this bug, removing one RC bug from
> tetex.
>
> I was just going to post to 264043-done an explanation of why I think
> this isn't a tetex bug, and mentioning that the clone bug (253098) was
> closed in an NMU.  Is there any reason that I should not do that?
> Clearly if someone in the future decides that my fix was wrong and
> that it really was a tetex bug, the tetex and jadetex maintainers can
> deal with it in the future.

Tag it 'fixed'. You indicate the bug is fixed, to your knowledge, and
all related scripts treat it like that. But the bug will remain in the
BTS until the maintainer verified it and really closes the bug.

It is even (see developers reference) a must to tag bugs fixed rather
than really close them if you are maintainer nor submitter (hm, I have
sinned to that rule before...).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar