Bug#611153: KMail not setting unread messages properly
Running testing's Courier-IMAP 4.8.0-3 on the server, I access my e-mail
However, when I selected and then moved 100 or so messages from a folder and
dragged/dropped them into the trash folder, KMail did so just fine. But on
the next mail check KMail reports the full count of 100+ messages as
"unread" in the original folder. Going into the original folder resets the
unread message count, and the messages were indeed moved to the trash.
This is a persistent problem. Closing KMail and reopening it still shows the
100+ messages as unread. Unsubscribing and resubscribing to the IMAP folder
does not cure the problem either.
I've tested this problem on other folders and I seem to be able to replicate
it. I've now got 3 folders that show incorrect numbers of unread messages.