Re: New upstream version of libdbusmenu-qt

Hello,

On pirmadienis 09 Rugpjūtis 2010 18:40:42 Praveen A wrote:
> There is a new upstream version of libdbusmenu-qt and squeeze is
> frozen. I just want to confirm if I'm doing the right thing. As a new
> upstream release is a significant change, I don't want to upload it to
> unstable. I would like to upload it to experimental and test it. Once
> I can test the new version with other KDE software I can decide if the
> changes are big or risky.
>
> As per the NEWS file, new release fixes 2 issues and I think would be
> good to have in squeeze (but after testing it properly)
>
> - Fix implementation of GetGroupProperties() (Aurelien Gateau)
> - Fix detection of QIcon::name() with gold (Aurelien Gateau)
>
> Correct me if I have not understood the situation correctly.

Depends if you are prepared to ask RT for freeze-exception. libdbusmenu-qt2
has no rdepends at the moment so even if RT does not accept it to squeeze,
unstable upload should not be too harmful. Just if something very urgent comes
up, squeeze update will have to be made via testing-proposed-updates.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>