Request for pkg-dm

Hello,

I'm the current maintainer of SLiM which is yet another login manager
being as simple as login is, and I have been hit by several bugs.

So according the two bugs #423279 and #425770 I think it is a good
idea to get the maintainers of display/login managers in touch.

As explained in the former bug, concerning the templates +
translations, there are too much duplicates and also the work of a
translator is lost by translating templates twice.  The second bug
shows that the current implementation of the init.d scripts are
quirky.  You can tell me that there is no reason to be using more than
one dm at a time, but if you want to switch to another dm you won't be
able to start it from its init.d script if it isn't the default as set
with dpkg-reconfigure $dm.

Now the solution would be to split the templates inside a common
package which could be named "dm".  This package could also fix the
problem with the init.d scripts.

So enough talk about the current problem; I would like the
mailing-list "pkg-dm" so we can talk about how to do $stuff and put
efforts together.

Information for listmaster@t.d.n

Name of the ml: pkg-dm

Short description: Cooperation for maintainers of display and login managers

Long description: Work out a common package "dm" to centralize all
duplicated work around the display and login managers.

I hope to meet you soon on the list;
Best Regards,
Mike