Re: KDE 4 Alpha 1 packages for Debian?

On Thursday 03 May 2007, jos poortvliet wrote:
> So, as to ensure the article will be reasonable complete, we'd like to
> inquire if Debian will have Alpha 1 packages available to it's users, and
> where they will be able to obtain more information or download them.

Hi!

We (the debian kde maintainers) are about to start looking into kde4. Until a
month ago we was busy getting Etch released and are now slowly getting into
kde4.

We don't expect to have packages ready right after kde4 alpha is released, as
we are need to figure out how it works and how cmake works ourselves first.
When we have this in place, getting the packages built and in nice shape is
very much a question of compile power, but over the next weeks, we hope to
slowly have parts ready.

In general, we will try to keep our webpage
<http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/> updated - especially
<http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4.html>

> We thank you for any comments on this matter.

I am sorry I can't give you any more definate answer, but this is where we
stand.

More questions are ofcourse welcome.

/Sune
--
Genius, I'm not able to install the connector, how does it work?