Re: kdebase is very slowly

Hi Greg,

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 11:42:21AM +0100, g.lang wrote:
> Hey!
> I had Debian Sarge with kdebase 3.3.2 this version was fast enought for me.
> but now i installed etch with kdebase 3.5.5.
> Now i installed debian basicsystem at first, then xorg, and then kdebase
> with login manager xdm.
> the boottime from the beginning to xdm login prompt is 54 sec.
> after login to kde splashscreen end is 14sec. thats all ok.
> but when i want shutdown (with the button at the pc case) kde logout
> 2minutes and 48sec.
> that is very long.
> then i installed an new debian i put the cd debian etch-kde-01 and
> install it.
> the results are the same.
> i take sidux and installed it on harddisk the results are the same.
> is kdebase waiting for an timeout????
>
> now i installed an new debian etch with the gnome minimal system
> that are the package gnome-session, metacity, gnome-panel, and nautilus.
> this times from shutdown button to power off is 20sec.
> my maschine is an pentium3 with 512mb ram.
> when i installed basicsystem and xorg for 2 monitores without kde and
> without gnome the boottimes are 27sec.
> the time for x windowsystem xorg to power down is 27 sec.
> my question is:
> why is kdebase or his package very slowly by shutdown?
> Its waiting for an timeout?

For future questions, it is better you write to the users list
(debian-kde@lists.debian.org and in german debian-users-german@lists.debian.org)

About your problem, i do not think it is exactly kde's fault, i think
you have any program (or process) running in your desktop that needs to be
finished in order to shutdown your system and kde just wait for it.
What program is? No idea, you could try finishing all the programs before close the
session.

Ana