Re: KDE packages

Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> writes:
> * kdebase (4:3.5.5a.dfsg.1-3)
> It mostly includes changes for allow the Etch artwork provided by desktop-base.
> Also, makes kdelibs-dbg depend on kdebase-dbg to get useful backtraces when debugging
> and a couple of small bugfixes.

Unblocked.

> * kdepim (4:3.5.5.dfsg.1-3)
> This upload improves the patches applied to fix kpilot RC bug (#394534),
> reenabling some functionalities that were left out in order to get the bug
> fixed sooner.

Unblocked, but only becase it was uploaded before the freeze
started. The diff is quite big, and renaming/splitting patches doesn't
help to make it more readable.

> * kdeaccessibility (4:3.5.5-2)
> This upload was done to remove the plugin for GStreamer 0.8 of kttsd,
> to help with the removal of GStreamer 0.8:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/12/msg00131.html

Unblocked. But all the small changes (comments, "  Homepage" instead of
" Homepage" in the descriptions, ...) should be commented in the
changelog in the future.

> * meta-kde-extras (5:51)
> Updates "Recommends" of the metapackage kde-extras adding/renaming/removing
> packages.

Unblocked.

> * kdetoys (4:3.5.5-2)
> Really small changes: a patch to add Lithuania to the country list of kweather
> and make kdetoys-dbg depend on kdelibs-dbg to get useful backtraces.

Unblocked.

> * libkexif (0.2.5-2)
> Yes, this is a new upstream version, but it is a bugfix release, and it is
> necessary in order to avoid a lot of problems with digikam 0.8.2 (since
> digikam will be back to this version).

debian/patches/98_buildprep.diff      |53096 +++++++++++++++++++++++++---------

You're kidding, right? Please explain to me why 2/3 of the build system
need to be replaced?

> * kwlan (already requested by Mark Purcell)

No. The diff is unreadable, littered with tons of autofoo changes and
quite a lot code changes.

> * ksynaptics (already requested by Mark Purcell and Fathi Boudra)
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=ksynaptics
> This package is not required for build on s390 as documented:

Then the old binary needs to be removed. I have unblocked the package,
though.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
116: Programm