Re: kdepim -> testing migration status

Rainer Dorsch schrieb:
> Daniel,
>
> kdepim is the only KDE component from 3.5.x which did not yet make it into
> testing. It seems that there are several open bugs (and the number is
> growing) and has problems on alpha.
>
> I am just wondering if you plan to upload a new version, do we need to wait
> for kde 3.5.2 or what is the strategy here? Is there a place where I can get
> this answers without disturbing you?

All four grave bugs of kdepim complain about data loss, three of them
belong to KMail. I know that those bugs are confirmed by upstream yet
still open now for almost a whole year. Grepping through the relevant
bugreports on bugs.kde.org, it seems like those bugs are unlikely to be
fixed in the near future since the disconnected IMAP component relies on
KDE's IMAP-kioslave.

One possible solution in order to get KMail fixed is to disable dIMAP
for now in the Debian package until upstream fixed the problem.

I for one switched from KMail to Thunderbird last month (having another
folder lost...), which has a far better performance on IMAP-folders and
has AFAIK not a single open bug regarding data loss.

I know this does not help very much, but I would not declare KMail as
"stable" until at least the known grave-bugs are fixed.

Kind regards,

Bastian