Re: xfonts-konsole obsoleted in debian/unstable?

On Thursday 12 January 2006 11:54, lars.doelle@on-line.de wrote:
> Hi Debian Qt/KDE Maintainer,
>
> i found the package xfonts-konsole obsoleted in debian/unstable, and
> write to learn about the reasons.
>
> The font obsoleted allows to create an image that is pixel-identical with
> the linux-console and therefore a feature of the konsole itself.
>
> I expect the font been moved into another package?

Yes, it's in the konsole package itself now. Settings --> Font --> Install
Bitmap. Then restart KDE. That particular user should now be able to tell
Konsole to use the old bitmap fonts.

This change is following upstream's own method for distributing the bitmap
fonts in Konsole 3.5. But they're still there for those who like them :)

Cheers,
Christopher Martin