Re: extragear/multimedia/kmplayer/debian

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:06:19AM +0100, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> On Sunday 08 January 2006 20:45, Koos Vriezen wrote:
[..]
> > Btw. is there anyone that would like to adopt kmplayer for debian
> > inclusion. At least for the plugin there is no real alternative. It
> > would require a small patch to set xine as default backend (instead of
> > mplayer), and maybe a 'powered by debian' intro animation if the
> > application would go in as well.
>
> I checked and it looks like noone is working on a debian inclusion.
> For ubuntu Tonio_ started polishing it for inclusion but ran out
> of time:  http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=287
> When I asked him for his plan, jpatrick offered to take over.
> I'll keep an eye on it.

>From what I read here, I would suggest to not build the koffice plugin,
its useless. I do recommend the xine and gstreamer backend support
though and configure kmplayer to use xine by default. Which means to
patch the global installed kmplayerrc with adding:

pipesource=xine
urlsource=xine
vcdsource=xine

in section [General Options]

> When kubuntu is pleased with the packaging, I can ask some of the
> kubuntu devels that are debian developers too if they are
> interested to upload it to debian.   If not I contact you again.

Thanks,

Koos