Re: Debian: Virtual Machine screensaver

Hello,

The Virtual Machine screensaver was removed from Debian, probably
because of the
advertising clause. The requirement for the advertising clause was
canceled in 1999 by Berkeley, and the part of the screensaver is
derived from the Berkeley source in 1988. Is the code free from the
advertising clause? If yes, then could you please add the screensaver
back to Debian? If not, then please tell me it, so that I can replace
the code. Here are
the comments from the part of the code uder the BSD license:

/*
 * Please note that as of July 22, 1999, the licensees and distributors
 * are no longer required to include the above mentioned acknowledgement
 * within advertising materials. For full details see
 * ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/4bsd/README.Impt.License.Change
 */

/*
 * This is derived from the Berkeley source:
 *	@(#)random.c	5.5 (Berkeley) 7/6/88
 * It was reworked for the GNU C Library by Roland McGrath.
 * Rewritten to be reentrant by Ulrich Drepper, 1995
 */

Sincerely,
Artur