Re: Debian: Virtual Machine screensaver

Hi,

> Could you, as the Debian maintainer, put the Virtual Machine
> screensaver back into the distro? The BSD license issue has already
> been fixed, as it is seen in the sources of the screensaver.

I'm overseas just now and can't easily go through the sources.  However:
when the KDE people first added the "BSD stuff was relicensed" note in
the VM sources, I did not re-add the VM screensaver.  This is because the
BSD stuff was indeed relicensed, but the VM code that kscreensaver uses
was taken out of BSD _before_ the relicense, and I could not find any
clear indication that the BSD relicense was meant to apply
retrospectively to all previous versions of the code.

At any rate: I'm not the person you should be talking to -- kscreensaver
is now maintained by the Debian Qt/KDE group, so further mails on this
matter are best sent to debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org .

Hope this helps,

Ben.