Re: Some question about KDE in debian in hte future

On Saturday 22 October 2005 17:43, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Yves Glodt [Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:47:02 +0200]:
> > Hello,
>
> Hi,
>
> > I highly appreciate the quality of the KDE packages the debain
> > project supplies, and I have a few questions about the future of
> > KDE in sid and etch...
> >

> > - Will etch see KDE 3.4 or go directly to 3.5?
>
>   Etch will see KDE 3.4 (hopefully before the end of the year), but
> will release with 3.5, if all goes well.

That would be great, and I really hope it will. As Etch is planned for
december 2006, a time where KDE 4.0 will probably be released, it would
be good if 3.5 can be in, claro, but of course Etch with KDE 4 would be
top!!! :-) , I guess most other distros out by that time will have KDE4
There is some competition to vista to make...

> > - When KDE 3.5 will land in sid, will it this time be compiled with
> > hidden symbols (-vfisibility), or is it still considered unstable?
>
>   I don't have an answer for this.

Ok, then we just stay tuned

--
Linux 2.6.13 #1 Mon Aug 29 22:07:30 CEST 2005 i686
 01:27:13 up 36 min,  0 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.75, 0.53