Re: kcpuload ftbfs - xsl errors??

* Helen Faulkner [Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:04:58 +1000]:

> My package, kcpuload, has failed to build on mips, mipsel, powerpc and sparc [1]
> giving a bunch of errors that look like this:

> compilation error: file /usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/VERSION line 8
> element param
> xsl:param : could not compile select expression
> 'string(document('')//fm:Version[1])'
> XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
> ($local.l10n.xml//l:i18n/l:l10n[@language=$lang]/l:gentext[@key=$key])

> It originally failed similarly on ia64 and s390, but when the package was
> requeued, the problem had gone away somehow.

> I'd like to work out what the problem is before asking (a second time) for the
> package to be requeued on the other architectures.  Has anyone else seen this
> problem and do you know what the solution is?

  I already answered Helen on IRC. For reference, the buildds were being
  bit by #327459 and #327659, which can be summarized as "transient
  problem in libxml2/libxslt1.1. versions 2.6.21-1 and 1.1.14-1 don't get along
  together at all."

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.