Re: OpenEXR 1.2.0-3 (kdelibs4 build-dep) awaiting a sponsor

* Andrew Lau [Tue, 19 Jul 2005 03:00:11 +1000]:

> Sorry for holding up kdelibs4's C++ ABI transition, but so far I haven't
> been able to find someone with the free time to sponsor openexr 1.2.0-3.

  (a) You're not holding up (yet) the C++ ABI transition for kdelibs4.
  (b) You found such person, albeit with some restrictions, yesterday.

  Quoting from my #debian-devel/Freenode log from 2005-07-17 (all times
  UTC+2):

    19:14 <Netsnipe> could anyone please help me upload/sponsor some C++
                     transition affected packages?
    19:15 <Netsnipe> one of them is also a build-dep of KDE

    19:31 <dato> Netsnipe: what does make you think that "one of them being a
                           build-dep of KDE" will encourage people to sponsor
                           you? :P
    19:32 <dato> Netsnipe: anyway, I can help with openxr after Qt is sorted
                           out, if you haven't got sponsoring by then,
                           so we should be safe.

  The conditions stated there make the explanation in your mail, namely "help
  me, help me, or KDE won't be able to do its C++ transition", a blatant lie.

  My offer still stands, though.

  Have a nice day,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud: after a
while, you realize the pig is enjoying it.