Re: Request from Debian packagers: please don't ship debian/ in tarballs

On Monday 23 May 2005 23.36, Adeodato Simó wrote:

>   discuss possible solutions to improve the status of this, since we
>   want those directories to continue to have a place in the KDE
>   repository, and be actually useful.

Why, exactly, might I ask?

At one time in the distant past, there were FreeBSD port files, but we came to
the conclusion they were inappropriate in the KDE repository, and removed
them.  At another point either RH or ark, I don't recall which, added some,
and were, shall we say, strongly encouraged to remove them again very
quickly.

Given that you already maintain them elsewhere, they are out of date, and you
don't want them shipped, I wonder if this isn't a good time to clean house
and take them out of the KDE repository entirely.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org