Re: Status of KDE 3.4

Le Jeudi 31 Mars 2005 15:36, Ian Reinhart Geiser a écrit :
> On Wednesday 30 March 2005 12:29 pm, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > the «problem» is sarge will ship kde 3.3.2, so we don't want to
> > break all the packages that depends upon kdelibs/kdebase. uploading
> > kde 3.4 to unstable would mean that any package built on top of
> > kdelibs should enter sarge through t-p-u ...
>
> Is this a point we may want to reconsider, since 3.4 is BC with 3.3?
> There are some critical flaws in the 3.3 release of KDE network and
> KDE pim.  One of the more annoying ones is the loss of email or
> crashing if you delete an email message.  Considering that
> backporting "fixes" has considerably broken KDE applications, it may
> be best to try to get an updated version in sooner than later.

I put the list in Cc: again on this one.

the point is you're wrong. kde 3.4 is *not* BC with kde 3.3. the recent
problem of libcvsservice (see archives of debian-kde list) shows that,
and IMHO, it's out of question to put 3.4 in stable.

but maybe others in the team may have things to add ?
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O