Re: [Pkg-kde-talk] Logitech mice and media:/ kioslave support

On March 22, 2005 08:02, Iacopo Spalletti wrote:
> I'm testing packages from http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.4.0/.
>
> Packages do not provides support for the logitech mice features module in
> kcontrol; such module needs special permissions (rw for the user who is
> owning X) on device file (which is normally owned by root); kde upstream
> provides the usbmap file and a simple shell script to fix this. By
> default the script uses pam_console to check for X user, but to my
> knowledge debian does not use such pam module, so i grabbed the user
> grepping command from Ubuntu.
> I can work on a patch or just email such files to the list.

If you could explain further the exact nature of the problem, I would be
grateful.

> Anyone is working on media:/ kioslave support?
> I can't make it work on the standard hal configuration shipped with
> debian

It should work... Did you install all the packages recommended by
kdebase-kio-plugins, and is your user a member of the plugdev group?

Also, please note that pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org is for
discussions amongst the KDE packaging team. In future, please send your
general help requests to debian-kde@lists.debian.org, and packaging queries
to debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org, which is where I'm directing this
conversation now. We all read those lists as well.

Cheers,
Christopher Martin