Re: is lintian warning about .desktop location correct for kicker applets?

* Helen Faulkner [Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:26:39 +0000]:

> OK, I wasn't sure that this was the correct (best) way to register a
> kicker applet.  But I guess my package is actually doing the right thing
> already, then, and lintian is wrong.

  Yeah, it clearly seems that KDE gives to .desktop files much more uses than
  what lintian thinks. This is what I get:

W: amarok: desktop-file-in-wrong-dir usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/amarok_append.desktop
W: amarok: desktop-file-in-wrong-dir usr/share/servicetypes/amarok_plugin.desktop
W: amarok: desktop-file-in-wrong-dir usr/share/services/amarok_void-engine_plugin.desktop

  cu,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve
immortality throguh not dying.
                -- Woody Allen