Re: uploading kde-i18n to give time for NEW processing

Am Mittwoch, den 05.01.2005, 14:41 +0100 schrieb Adeodato Simó:

>   since kde-i18n 3.3.2-1 introduces new languages, and so new packages,
>   it may be advisable to upload it already to give some time for NEW
>   processing to happen (unless kde-i18n is given special treatment and
>   NEW processing happens faster, which I'm unaware of).

No, there is no priority for NEW packages of kde-i18n.

>   the version in people.d.o/~noel is targetted at unstable, not
>   experimental, but since (a) it depends on kdelibs >= 3.3.1 (not
>   3.3.2), and (b) it seems reasonable to expect 3.3.2 kde packages being
>   uploaded before NEW processing happens, it seems like a safe bet to
>   upload that.

I have 2 reasons why I didn't upload kde-i18n:
1. want to have the kde packages in unstable in sync (same versions).
2. want not to hit experimental with 422 MB.

NEW usually needs ca. one week so I diagree with your point (b).

--
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux, www.debian.org