Re: Possible mass bug filing: missing Icon= line in menu files

> And before many people jump up and say: ooh, I have a nice PNG icon
> there... Do not use them as-is. If I remember Bill's comment correctly,
> the menu system is not supposed to work for anything but XPM now

Oops. Forgot about that.
However:
nikita@zigzag:/usr/lib/menu> grep icon * | grep png | wc -l
6

> > File wishlist bugs agains lintian/linda?
>
> I prefer this one for now and bug filling bugs some time after Sarge
> release.

Hmm... Probably even this should not be done because of png issue.
But why such a restriction today? Are there any menu users that can display
icons, but don't understand png?