Re: Possible mass bug filing: missing Icon= line in menu files

#include <hallo.h>
* Nikita V. Youshchenko [Thu, Oct 14 2004, 11:14:04AM]:

> I've already tried to write this to debian-qt-kde, but there was no reply.
>
> There are many packages that:
> - do provide icons for programs they provide
> - do provide files for /usr/lib/menu/
> - but don't have Icon= lines in menu files.

And before many people jump up and say: ooh, I have a nice PNG icon
there... Do not use them as-is. If I remember Bill's comment correctly,
the menu system is not supposed to work for anything but XPM now, see
menu policy [1]. A major overhaul was planned after Sarge, since all
menu package users need to be reviewed, and maybe additional config
hooks in menu generators will be required.

Eduard.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/menu.html/ch3.html#s3.7

> File wishlist bugs agains lintian/linda?

I prefer this one for now and bug filling bugs some time after Sarge
release.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain