Re: differences between KDE 3.3.0-1 and 3.3.0-2?

* Arne Götje (高盛華) [Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:55:17 +0800]:

> what are the exact differences between KDE 3.3.0-1 and 3.3.0-2?
> I'm having problems with the XIM input (Asian languages) in KDE apps.
> In 3.3.0-1 it worked, in 3.3.0-2 it doesn't.
> I want to find the bug. But I need to know what changed between the
> release of the two versions.

  there are currently 4 KDE source packages that have 3.3.0-2 as their
  latest version: kdeadmin, kdegraphics, kdenetwork and kdelibs. do you
  know which of them does actually cause the problem? (I suspect
  kdelibs, but we have to make sure).

  if you don't, please roll back them all to 3.3.0-1 and upgrade them
  one at a time (starting by kdelibs) and tell us when does the problem
  first appear.

  then, the differences can be found out by comparing the diffs aplied
  to both versions.

  ah, please check that is not a local user configuration: when you find
  out which package creates trouble for your user, please create a new
  system user and check if the problem exists for him too.

  this should be a bug report, btw.

  thanks,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Man is certainly stark mad; he cannot make a flea, yet he makes gods by the
dozens.
                -- Michel de Montaigne