Re: packaging on KDE 3.3 (coordination effort)

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 07:48:57PM -0700, Jeremy Shaw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since it looks like KDE 3.2 will be going into Sarge, and not KDE 3.3,
> I assume this means the packaging of the KDE 3.3 is going to be on
> hold for a while, until KDE 3.2.3 is flushed out.
>
> We, (linspire, inc), however, are still interested in getting KDE 3.3
> packaged ASAP -- which (probably) means doing it ourselves. But, I
> wanted to coordinate our efforts as much as possible, so we are not
> duplicating each others work.
>
> I am not exactly sure how this would work best. I could annouce each
> morning what we intend to work on, and post patches at the end of the
> day...
>
> We are managing our changes in tla and could provide a public mirror
> if that would be preferable. Or, we would be happy to commit to a
> repository of your choice.
>
> Please let us know.
>
> Thanks!
> Jeremy Shaw.

I am hoping to have all of my KDE 3.2.3 debs in incoming by the end of
the night. I will continue to be working on KDE 3.3 after that. The
first rough set of debs are in experimental (some stuck in NEW queue)
right now, but they haven't been run through the file conflicts
checker, etc. I am hoping to have some usable 3.2.92 (3.3b2) debs done
by the time RC1 is released to packagers on Aug 7 so updating to KDE 3.3
won't be hard.

Thanks,

Chris Cheney

BTW - I am still looking for a job if any companies are looking for more
employees... ;)