viewmol wants to provide kde icons

Hello,

my package viewmol contains a handful of icons for kde. I don't use kde
daily myself, so I'm not sure about correct handling of the icons.

viewmol has its own install script for the icons, it wants to copy them
under /usr/share/icons/default.kde, as well as providing
/usr/share/applications/viewmol.desktop and some desktop config files under
/usr/share/mimelnk.

Bug #254247 reports that use of /usr/share/icons/default.kde is a conflict
against kdelibs-data.  But dpkg does not complain.

On the other hand, kdelibs-data's version of default.kde is a symlink to
crystalsvg, while viewmol's is a plain directory.  This will be a problem if
viewmol is installed before kdelibs-data.

Is there any better way of handling the icons which viewmol wants to place
under default.kde, or is a pre-dependency on kdelibs-data the only solution
(not a very good solution for those viewmol users who don't use kde)?

Drew

p.s. please cc: me as I'm not subscribed to this list.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
message in error. Thank you.