Re: strange kdepim failure on m68k build

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 01:47:51PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > /dev/sdc2              16G  3.9G   11G  26% /org
> > >
> > > which is what the buildd chroot lives on. I'm not sure what the problem
> > > actually is, though.
> >
> > Maybe when kullervo rebooted it corrupted something, since the first
> > time it tried to build it worked fine until it was shutdown in the
> > middle of the build. As soon as it tried to build it the second time, on
> > the same box, without rebuilding the chroot, it failed to build properly.
> > According to the build log it looked like it just tried to resume the
> > build more or less, so something must have gotten corrupted, at least
> > afaict.
>
> Not likely - the build isn't just resumed but restarted from the
> beginning (without unpacking the source again, though). If the package
> fails to build on the second try, something might be wrong with the clean
> target.

The clean target works fine afaict, I test it everytime I upload since I
build multiple times before each upload. If you look in the log output
it seems whole directories are missing from the source, an indication to
me at least that the box has corruption issues... Note that it retried a
third time on kullervo and it FAILED AGAIN very oddly when it passed
building on every other buildd. Also notice that both times it failed it
failed due to missing files that should be there.

Chris