Re: KDE 3.1.5 Status Update - 20040120

Peter Hawkins writes:

> Hi...
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:26 pm, Chris Cheney wrote:
>> kdebindings ----------- probably should be packaged sometime... not
>> blocking anything though

> Strange you should mention it.  Try:
> http://www.hawkins.emu.id.au/kdebindings-20040121.diff
> (diff against KDE_3_1_5_RELEASE).

Great, you seem to have fixed the gcj compilation stuff.
I have been working on kdebindings packaging myself too a bit, can you
please update your patch against KDE_3_1_BRANCH ?

There are fixes in there for various things like:
1 the kde C bindings are internal binding libs, not meant for external
  use
2 the various debian language policies all impose certain limitations
  on the names of packages, build dependencies etc.
3 better descriptions of the packages
4 etc

Richard Dale told me he was working on making it work with gcj, but I
have not heard from him since.  Do you think your code is usable for
the general KDE release, or does it depend on Debian only stuff (
which would not be the right thing to do, really, as other distro's
also need java libs linked against gcj stuff, and it makes maintenance
of the debian packages more difficult ).  If so, it should probably be
applied to HEAD.

Also, are you a DD, and do you intend to take up maintenance of
kdebindings permanently ?   Cause that would rock, kdebindings is not
receiving enough attention imho.

Thanks
domi