Re: KDE 3.1.5 Status Update -- 20040113

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 01:39:12PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Chris Cheney wrote:
> >kdelibs
> >-------
> >m68k	- failed - needs retry (waiting on qt-x11-free)
> >mips	- failed - ICE #226727
>
> Please try to find a workaround for this ICE (or help find & fix it).
> The GCC developers haven't tracked it down yet, which means it may well
> not be fixed by sarge release time.  (Unless of course it's already
> fixed, which can be tested by trying a newer gcc-3.3 package).  It's
> also not top priority for GCC since gcc-3.3 is still producing silently
> wrong code in some situations (which comes first, of course).  Possible
> workarounds include compiling with less optimization.  Finding it, since
> it's a segfault, probably means running gdb on the cc1plus process.  :-P

Why aren't the mips porters working on this, it seems to be ICEing on
quite a few binaries on mips... How am I supposed to know how to fix
this issue, aiui individuals still can't log into various debian boxes
(or was that finally fixed). Is the less optimization fix a known fix
or just a guess, and should it be -O0 or -O1. I think I will ask AJ to
just push it through once m68k is done.

Chris