Re: Debian KDE maintenance

Hi,

Thanks a lot, Riku and Chris for you replies.  It's made it all a lot
clearer.  I've committed a simple patch to KDE_3_1_BRANCH some time
ago, I hope I've done it right. I've registered on alioth as
domi-guest, can someone add me to the developers for the pkg-kde
project, please ?

Chris Cheney writes:

>> 6.  What is the status of the group maintainership ?

> Anyone can join, we need people that can triage bugs (forward,
> close, etc) like what you currently do, and others that can help
> with packaging issues.

I currently intend to continue to do this, I also am experimenting
with creating kdebindings packages ( they seem to have been abandoned
some time ago ), I may post some questions on this subject to the list
some time in the future.

> There is also some new Debian work being done upstream in kdenonbeta
> which would be useful to help with. I think they are working on a
> debconf frontend and a few other projects. If you are interested in
> the upstream debian projects join the kde-debian list that is on
> lists.kde.org.

I was already subscribed to the list, and am listed as one of the
supporters.  I think it's a very interesting project, but I am
currently just lurking a little on the list to see if something
interesting to work on comes up.

Thanks for the help
domi