proposal: upload to the collab-maint repo orphaned packages

Hi, maybe I'm proposing something obvious or already attempted in the
past here, ... but let's try anyway!

In order to spread the adagio that ``every DD is Debian QA'', what about
uploading to the collab-maint subversion repository on alioth [1] all
the orphaned packages which lack a collaborative maintenance repository
of their own? (of course then advertising the fact via the appropriate
Vcs-* fields)

This way every DD would be able to commit to the package giving some
help, no matter how small it will be.

Comments?

If there are no objections, what would be the appropriate place to
document this QA best practice? (So yes, it is possible that it is
already this way, but I haven't found the relevant docs ...)

Cheers.

[1] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/