Re: QA activities list?

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 08:25:07PM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Is there a list of what QA activites are being done, and by whom? I've
> heard, for example, that some people test building of packages in
> testing to find FTBFS errors that happen after the package has already
> entered testing, or to find missing build dependencies. I also know that
> some other people than me are or were running piuparts on packages.
>
> It would be nice to have a list of these, and maybe have a more
> concerted and organized QA effort.

It'd me more than welcome if someone could revamp http://qa.debian.org a
bit :). There such an overview could be added, along with a
not-horribly-outdated list of things to do and hints 'how you can help'
etc.

As for myself, I'm maintaining packages.qa.debian.org with Raphael
Hertzog, maintaining the mia scripts (Christoph Berg has been a great
help lately with doing the actual pinging and such, something I
neglected a bit lately), and some various general script work whenever
something breaks. I wrote several data collection subsystems, like
data/carnivore (getting maintainer info, and correllating different
identities with the same physical person, intended to be used in things
like DDPO and the like, currently only used in MIA scripts), data/nm
(also intended to be used in DDPO (perhaps via carnivore) but again just
not implemented yet).

More closely to stuff you've been doing, I also added
/org/qa.d.o/rebuildtesting, which sort-of works one-off, but actually
still sucks (and is currently not running). In need of more time, but
not a priority with myself now, and piuparts-{master,slave} (which came
later), sounds like something with similar purpose, so it should be
looked into whether those projects can be merged (which might very well
end up meaning throwing away most of rebuildtesting, but can't tell
yet).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar