Re: Proposal for collaborative maintenance of packages

* Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) disait :

> following the last discussion at the Debian-QA meeting on Darmstadt, it
> appears that the proposal called "Collaborative maintenance" is of generic
> interest :
> - for Debian sponsors and Debian mentors
> - for QA which may use the infrastructure for orphaned packages
> - for Ubuntu's MOTU School

Thanks to Raphael for taking the time to centralize all the material we
had about this topic, that's great!

To me, there is one point to underline and on which we should focus
during the design phase:

    "How do we synchronize the - official - VCS repository and the
     Debian archive?"

That's for me one of the main design issue to solve.

We started writing a script a few months ago (for the OrphanedPackages
project) which parses the unstable Source.gz file and import new source
packages with svn-inject. This script was designed to work in a CRON
manner.

If that can help, the script is still hosted in the collab-maint
repository:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/lib/archive2svn.pl?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

--
Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@sukria.net>